Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Crunchy Granola

I love granola. 
 I haven't had any for a very long time. 
 I love to eat it with yoghurt.
So.......
Today I am going to make some, and this is the recipe I am going to use.
I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen It most resembles the recipe I used to make, but I can't find  my recipe.  When it finally turns up, I will have to compare the two.


Ingredients
  • 4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • ½ cups Chopped Pecans
  • ¾ cups Slivered Almonds
  • ¾ cups Brown Sugar
  • ¼ cups Water
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • ½ teaspoons Table Salt


Preparation Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. Combine oats and nuts in a large bowl.
3. In a small, microwavable bowl, combine sugar, water, vanilla, and salt. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and the mixture resembles maple syrup.
4. Pour syrup over oats and stir until oats and nuts are coated.
5. Divide mixture among the two pans and spread into a thin, even layer.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden and a bit crispy.
(You can stir the mixture occasionally so that it browns more evenly and the nuts don’t burn. I also rotate my pans between oven racks a few times during the baking process.)
7. Let cool completely before storing in airtight containers or resealable bags.

Enjoy, I know I will!
Sally-Ann

No comments: