Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Change, Change and Change........

Ever had a feeling that there is change coming into your life?
Anyone hate that feeling as much as I do??
Or do you embrace the feeling of change and run with it???
In my current mood about the thought of change, that could be like running with scissors!!

Now, don't get me wrong, there have been times in my life where I would go running off, arms flaying wildly, scissors in hand.........the points up, ready to impale me at the slightest stumble.
But, at this time in my life, I have come to not enjoy change as I once did.

Why?
I don't really know why.
One reason is probably Samuel.  He doesn't do well with changes.  We have to prepare him as much as we can if there is going to be a major change in schedules, etc..
Even small changes get a countdown.
"5 more minutes and then it  is time to go to the car."
All the way down to 0 minutes.
Samuel does great with a schedule.

Another reason could be that I am just getting old aging gracefully getting old.
I am set in my ways.
Like Sam, I like a schedule!

I also think that we often get comfortable with the way things are.
Complacent.....
Even a little lazy......
Because, after all, change takes an effort.
Change for the better is something that has to be worked for and at.
How many times do we say that we are going to change?
How often do we give up without really trying to make a change.
I mean REALLY trying.

I don't know if there is going to be a change in my life or not.
There has already been one major change this week, so maybe that is it.

Sometimes a change needs to be jump started.
So, I have been looking around to see where I need to make a change.
I have been trying to be more organized. 
It is a constant battle to keep the house organized.......my quest for organization has even spilled over to Jim's office.
But, I also want my spiritual life to match-up with my new quest to be organized.

A few years ago I read "21 Days Closer To Christ" by Emily Freeman.
It is a beautifully written and illustrated book.  I remember how I felt when I completed the book and I want those same feelings......and maybe something more.

Today, I am going to make a change.  A change of my own doing.
I want to make a spiritual change
So, I am still going to blog about the things that are going on in my life, but I am also going to share this beautiful book with you.


Sally-Ann

No comments: