Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Bye-bye Poo

Bet that heading got your attention!!!! I do not have pictures for this post and for that I think you will thank me!!
We are attempting to potty train Samuel, and he isn't cooperating! Last night, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth (mine or Sam's?) Samuel finally did a few drops in his potty chair. He doesn't mind sitting on his potty chair, he does so every 10 minutes or so. Before he sits, he announces extremely loudly, "Wee wees, wee wees in the potty." Of we rush excitedly, thinking that this will be the moment, thinking that if he goes at least once, it will click and everything else will fall into place. Two seconds later, "All done." Sometimes it pays not to think.
When Jessica takes Samuel out to jump on the trampoline, she has started a habit of saying, "Bye bye shoes," as she takes his shoes off and puts them next to the trampoline. Samuel now says bye bye to everything! Last night Samuel said bye bye to his wee as he flushed it down the toilet. How cute I thought!
Today Samuel and I went to Costco to get a few groceries. Walking down the cereal isle Samuel announces in a very loud voice, "Bye bye wee!" Not just once, but several times. Asked him if he needed to go potty, "Nope," was the reply. After several more bye bye wees, he then screamed at the top of his lungs with a maniacal laugh (OK, so I am embellishing the maniacal laugh, but I know it was in there, waiting to come out!), "BYE BYE POO!!!!!" Where the heck did that come from?? I may never know, but one thing I do know for sure, the more you try to quiet a 3-year-old with bodily functions on his mind, the louder and more often he repeats it!
I swear it was much easier to teach my other 2 to go to the bathroom!
Aren't you glad that I am not adding pictures?

Bye Bye Blog
Sally-Ann

No comments: