Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Elephants and Tigers and Horses, Oh My!

So, what do you get when you take
a bone crushing crowd of people.......

clowns playing musical chairs with people from the audience........

a man wearing a skin tight costume of gold.......
(and seemed to be very pleased about the fact!)


a little boy mesmerised by lights, music and action.........


ELEPHANTS!

TIGERS!


more ELEPHANTS!

HORSES!
Throw in a splattering of PETA demonstrators, and what do you get??
Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus of course!!
On Saturday we went to the circus here in Tampa. Barnum and Bailey circus spends their off season in Sarasota, Florida. They kick off their tour right here in Tampa. The animals travel by train to Tampa and then walk the short distance to the arena. We try and go to the circus every year when they are in town. We missed a few years when it lost its sparkle for our oldest two, but now we have Samuel, so we have started the tradition again. Joshua and Jessica even enjoyed it on Saturday. Jessica sometimes has flashbacks to the great clown meltdown of '96, but she even enjoyed the clowns this year! It got a little overwhelming for Sam in some parts, but Dad bought him a swirly, whirling light thingy and all was right with the world.
I'm not sure what the guy in the skin tight gold costume did, I don't remember seeing him perform with the acrobats or anything. I think I would have remembered that costume!! I don't think PETA was successful in turning anyone away from the show. Anyway, it was fun and I would highly recommend it.
Sally-Ann

2 comments:

Karin said...

Thanks so much for visiting my Welcome to Alberta post today! Love all your pics. That's about as close as I'll get to going to the circus!

Frogwoman said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at the circus. I love the picture of Sam and the lights.
Wendy