Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Good-byes & New Beginnings.......

Well, it is extremely obvious that I need to do some serious catching up on my blog!
But, before I even begin to attempt that grandiose feat........
here is what has been happening the past 2 weeks or so.
For the past 2 years Samuel has been attending Sydney's School.
He has grown in leaps and bounds.
The therapists and teachers there have worked with him, have loved him and taught him.
They have given Jim and I the skills and tools we need to help Sam, and us!!!!
Words will never be able to express how we feel about the changes for Sam over the past 2 years.
Here is a post I did at the beginning of school last year
First Day of Kindergarten
The 4th of August was Sam's last day at Sydney's School.
I cried.
I just realized that I never posted about how and why we ended up at Sydney's school.  I will, but not today.
I put together a little video, I think that will show why Sydney's School will always have a place in our hearts.

Yesterday, 20th August, Samuel started a new chapter in his life. 
Yesterday was his first day at Morning Star School!
His 1st grade teacher is Mrs. Castaneda.
He had a wonderful day. 
 I didn't get a photo yesterday, but I did this morning.  I am glad that I waited, be sure and take a close look at Sam's big smile!!!
I was hoping that it would be a bit more noticeable, but Sam is missing a upper, front tooth!

We are looking forward to a great year for Samuel!!!

Sally-Ann


No comments: