Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

We Are In The Land Downunder

I don't have any photos downloaded yet because I am not typing from my computer. But, wanted to share what we have been doing.

We left on the 23rd June for our vacation to Australia. 36 hours we spent flying, sitting at airports and trying to get from one connection to another. I have never cared for LA airport and after this trip, my opinion has not changed! During the past 23 years we have flown to Australia on 2 other occasions. We used a different airline each of those times. Our entire family took a vote and have decided that Quantas is by far the superior airline. Comfort level, customer service - there is no comparison.


We have not experienced any lost luggage so far. Well.......the stroller did not make it to Brisbane, but they found it for us and delivered it. In the mean time, they gave us a loaner stroller. Our stroller popped a bolt at San Antonio airport, not sure if it will make the return trip to Florida!!!

It has been wonderful to see the Imms family again. They are great friends. Their kids are great. Sam thinks they are absolutely wonderful!

Yesterday we went to the Australia Zoo. The Crocodile Hunter may be gone, but his memory sure lingers on at the zoo. We all really enjoyed it. It's not everyday that you see dingos being walked around, that you get to feed kangaroos, cuddle a koala, watch crocodiles being fed and get laughed at by a kookaburra. All I can say is - CRIKEY!!!

Last night we had Tim Tam Slams. Yum, yum and double yum. I will post the recipe at a later date. I have had Vegemite for breakfast every day. Every one talks like me! Jim is doing quite well driving on the left hand side of the road. Our family chant for this trip is, "Turn to the right, but stick to the left!" We have the cleanest windscreens in Australia because every time Jim goes to turn the indicator on, he hits the windscreen wiper.

Anyway, that is all for now, signing off from the land down under

Sally-Ann

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see pics! *hint hint* By the way, the song is my fav, I could stay on your page all day listening to it.. Is that obsessed? Well have fun on the rest of your trip!

Lolli (aka Lisa) said...

Hey!

You visited my site a while back and I was trying to send you an email. could you please email me at lisaasyler@comcast.net and let me have your email address?

Thanks and be blessed!

Lolli (aka Lisa)