Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

For many, many years I did not enjoy Mother's Day. I don't know why. I love all the little things that the kiddos do to make it a special day. I have kept each handmade little treasure, every card and many memories of the meals cooked for me. I have worn funny little handmade hats and big gaudy brooches and loved every minute of it. Maybe it goes back to the Mother's Days of my childhood. It seemed that no matter what I did, my Mum did not enjoy Mother's Day. It seemed that no matter what I did, it was not good enough. Not good enough to make-up whatever made my Mum so sad on Mother's Day. I think her problem with it went back to how her Mother acted. As mothers we need to be very careful, our actions can spread over the generations!!!! This thought made me get my act together and not worry about Mother's Day past, but concentrate on Mother's Days now! Does that make sense??? Hope so!

Today was a good Mother's Day. I received some beautiful roses, they are my favorite! This morning Jim and Jessica made me french toast with cantaloupe on the side. Also one of my favorites. Joshua called from Texas to wish me a happy Mother's Day. At church Samuel made a wall hanging with his hand print and a poem. Jessica bought home a rose for me that her Sunday School teacher had given to all the kids in the class to give to their mothers. When I logged onto the website To Write Their Names In The Sand, there was Emma's name. It was like getting a Mother's Day card from her.

I love being a Mother. I love my Mum and miss her terribly. I am grateful and thankful for all the women in my life who have "mothered" me when I needed it and have been a great influence on my life. Mostly, I am thankful for my husband and my children, they make me happy and give me joy.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Sally-Ann



No comments: