Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Yum, Yum!!

I love to cook and I love to collect cookbooks. In fact, I now have so many cookbooks, I have to be a little bit more selective in my purchases! I was thinking about what to blog today and I realized that for someone who loves to cook and for someone who has soooooo many cookbooks, I haven't posted many recipes. In fact, I have only posted one measly recipe! Well, this needs to change! I need to share my vast recipe collection! So, here we go!!


Today......I think I will share something with chocolate.

CHOCOLATE LUSH

Ingredients
1/2 cup
unsalted butter, melted
1 cup
flour
3/4 cup
walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
1 (8 ounce) package
cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup
powdered sugar
1 (12 ounce) container
Cool Whip
2 small boxes
instant chocolate pudding mix (any favorite flavor may be used)
3 cups of milk
Directions
1. Mix butter and flour together then add the ground nuts ( save a few for the topping). Pat into a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Bake 20 minutes at 350:.
3. Cool.
4. In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together, stir in 1/2 of the cool whip.
5. Spread this mixture over cooled crust.
Beat the pudding with milk and spread over the cream cheese. Top with the rest of the cool whip, sprinkle with the reserved nuts.
6. Refrigerate until serving time. Sometimes I drizzle melted chocolate or chocolate ice cream topping over the top, makes it look even more rich.


Grab a large spoon, dig in, lick your lips, enjoy!


Sally-Ann

No comments: