Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fruit Salad........Yummy, Yummy

No, I am not doing a blog about "The Wiggles" today.  But, they have had their moments of adoration at our house!!  We have even been to a Wiggles concert.........we could sing you nearly every Wiggles song..........complete with hand movements...........
by WE I mean Jim, Samuel and me.  I did the WE in yellow because our favorite Wiggle dresses in yellow.

No, the last few days I have been thinking about my brother Graham and one of his most famous and favorite recipes.
FRUIT SALAD
In fact, to honor him, I am going to share his recipe.  This recipe has been handed down for generations and as part of the tradition, only the male members of the family can make it for special occasions.  It is a must  for the dessert portion of Christmas dinner. 

So, without any further ado, here it is.......
 Chop up every known fruit upon the face of the earth......or whatever happens to be handy
Throw it into the largest bowl or pot you have.......Graham uses a big stock pot that looks something like this.......
Give it all a good stir
Serve with ice-cream or cream.
It is best served with cream from Australian cows, very thick and creamy....

But, in a pinch, heavy whipping cream from American cows may be substituted
 A sprinkle of sugar over the top if desired......over the fruit salad, not the cows! 

I love my brother very much
Sally-Ann

PS.  No rude comments about Australian cow/American cow thing.  We can arrange a taste test. 

No comments: